Executive Chef Casey Halpern
3 lbs fresh mountain oysters
¼ c sweet chili sauce
2 T Dijon mustard
½ c mayonnaise
1 c of diced and cooked sweet peppers, onion and celery
1 c beaten egg
3 c panko
1 c flour
Aromatic herbs and spices
- Place aromatic herbs and spices into a pot of simmering water and poach the mountain oysters, skim off any scum that comes to the surface.
- After about 5 minutes of gentle poaching put the mountain oysters into cool water to stop the cooking process.
- When cool, split the mountain oysters open and cut the meat out of the skin, remove any veins.
- Season the meat with salt, pepper, and garlic. Roast in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- When the meat has cooled-mix with mustard, sweet chili, mayonnaise, cooked veggies and a little panko.
- Scoop mixture into balls-shape into patties and bread with flour, egg, and then panko.
- Fry in 325 degree oil until golden brown and serve with your favorite sauce.