10 am-3 pm Saturday, Sept. 7, 2019 Minuke Ole Park, Waimea
Behind Parker Ranch Center
Geared for families, the Taste Agriculture Festival includes educational exhibits under the big top and vendors offering products using locally sourced plants and animals. Attendees can view livestock animals provided by 4-H; horseback rides will be available for a nominal fee.
Youth can visit the free Keiki Farm Hands tent sponsored by the Hawaii Farm Bureau. Children can pedal their own kid-sized tractor, use tiny farm tools, shovel hay, plant a seed to take home and grow, plus “milk” a hand-painted replica of a Holstein cow. In addition, there will be a display of live chicks and thriving vegetable plants displayed next to the food they provide.
Agricultural-themed organizations and vendors interested in participating with an exhibit or booth can contact TasteAgFest@outlook.com. Deadline to signup is August 7, 2019.
- Fox Barbecue, https://puakoprovisions.com/
- Cop-n-Doc’s Chicken Fry
Educational Exhibitors (non-food)
- East Hawaii Island Master Gardeners, https://cms.ctahr.hawaii.edu/uhmgprogram/HOME/East-Hawaii
- Hawaii Ant Lab, http://www.littlefireants.com
- Parker Ranch Center, http://parkerranchcenter.com/
- The Kohala Center, https://kohalacenter.org/
- The Food Basket, https://www.hawaiifoodbasket.org/
- Ola Design (Zachary Mermel), http://www.oladesigngroup.com
- Sustainable Island Products
Educational Exhibitors (food)