Aloha Educational Exhibitors (Serving Food or Beverages)!
You are invited to be a part of the 23rd annual Taste of the Hawaiian Range’s Agriculture Festival on Friday, September 7, 2019 at the Mana Christian Ohana (old Kahilu Town Hall) and YMCA Minuke Ole Park in Kamuela on Hawaii Island.
The Taste Agriculture Festival or family day event will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.It will be free and open to the public.To promote your agricultural organization or business, an Educational Exhibitor serves free samples of food or beverages.There is no cost to participate as an Educational exhibitor. Since you are serving food or beverages, you must obtain a Special Event Food Establishment Permit, as well as a FoodHandlers’ Education Certificate. You will be provided a 10’x10’ space under a tent, one table (8’x3’), and 2 chairs.Your exhibit must fit within your allotted space.You will need to provide your own hand-washing station, gloves and electricity/power (if needed).
Please complete and submit the online registration form by clicking on the above Google Form link in this invitation email. Once we confirm your registration via email, then we will also send you some additional consent forms, based on the type of products or displays that you have.Because of space limitations, you must register online byAugust 7, 2019. There will be no on-site registration.
We look forward to celebrating our 23rd anniversary and hope you can be a part of Hawai‘i’s best and longest running food and agricultural festival events!
2019 Taste of the Hawaiian Range Board of Directors
GENERAL INFORMATION AND LOGISTICS FOR TOHR AGRICULTURE FESTIVAL
EDUCATIONAL FOOD & BEVERAGE EXHIBITORS
Date: Saturday, September 7, 2019
Location: YMCA Minuke Ole Park
9:00 – 9:55 a.m. Exhibitor Booth Set-up
10:00 a.m. Taste AgFest Opens to Public
3:00 p.m. Taste AgFest Closes/ Clean-up
Important: BE READY TO SERVE SAMPLES & GREET PUBLIC BY 10:00 A.M.!
- Please be prepared to serve at least 500 samples
- As an Educational Exhibitor, you will NOT be allowed to sell products
- As an Educational Exhibitor, we will provide you with space in a tent, 1 table (8’x3’) and 2 chairs
- Please provide your own hand-washing station and gloves
- Special Event Food Establishment permit. Here is the link to Special Event Permit Guidelines (https://health.hawaii.gov/san/files/2017/04/Special-Event-Food-Permit-Guidelines.pdf ). Here is the link to the Application for Special Event Food Establishment Permit, Sanitation Branch, Kealakekua, HI (https://health.hawaii.gov/san/files/2018/09/SPECIAL-EVENT-PERMIT-APPLICATION-revised-8.30.2018-KONA.pdf ).For more information, please contact them directly at (808) 322-1507.
- Food Handlers Education certification: at least one employee present at every food establishment during normal hours must have a formal food handlers training level certification. For more information about how to sign up for Food Safety classes, go to: https://health.hawaii.gov/san/food-safety-education/
- On-site registration will not be permitted.
- Copy of Special Event Food Establishment permit and Food Handlers Education Certificate Required by August 23! Email copy to TasteAgFest@outlook.com .
- You are highly encouraged to use any promotional materials such as banners, signs, menus, business cards and decorations.
- Please sign and send in forms by August 16 for:
- Assumption of risk
- Photo release
- Agreement to participate harmoniously
- You can mail in signed forms to Taste of the Hawaiian Range, c/o UH, 875 Komohana St., Hilo, HI 96720
- Or, you can email them to Susan Miyasaka and Melelani Oshiro at TasteAgFest@outlook.com.
Ticket to Evening Gala Event Information:
- In contrast to previous years, the Taste Gala event is separate from the Agriculture Festival (Day event). To purchase a Taste Gala ticket online, please visit tasteofthehawaiianrange.com after July 1, 2019.
Visit Taste of the Hawaiian Range, Inc. online at
www.tasteofthehawaiianrange.com and on FaceBook. Join the community!
Please contact Susan Miyasaka at (808) 969-8258 or