Recipe and photo as seen in The Healthy Beef Cookbook, published by John Wiley & Sons.
1-lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
1-tsp coarse grind black pepper
1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
1 small red onion, cut into 3-thin wedges
1 container grape or cherry tomatoes (about 10 ounces)
- Whisk Mojo Sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut beef steak into 1-1/4 inch pieces, season with pepper
- Alternately thread beef with lime and onion wedges evenly onto four 12-inch metal skewers. Thread tomatoes evenly onto four 12-inch metal skewers.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium ash-covered coals. Grill tomato kabobs, uncovered about 2to 4-minutes or until slightly softened, turning occasionally. Grill Beef Kabobs, uncovered, about 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Serve kabobs drizzled with sauce.